Consumers abandon their online shopping carts for various reasons, as highlighted in the provided information. Here’s a summary of the factors mentioned:
- Additional costs: Around 48% of online shoppers reported that extra fees like shipping, taxes, and fees can lead them to abandon their carts.
- Account creation requirement: About 24% of online shoppers abandon their carts when asked to create an account. Offering a guest checkout option can help prevent this.
- Slow shipping: Approximately 22% of shoppers drop out of a purchase if the shipping time is too slow. Optimizing shipping processes and reducing delivery times can improve customer satisfaction.
- Regular online shopping habits: A significant majority (79%) of shoppers make online purchases at least once a month. Online shopping has become a routine for many consumers.
- Mobile cart abandonment: The cart abandonment rate on mobile devices is reported to be 84%. It is crucial to optimize websites for mobile devices to ensure a smooth shopping and checkout experience.
- Desktop cart abandonment: The cart abandonment rate on desktop computers is 72%. A well-designed website and an easy checkout process are essential to reduce abandonment rates.
By understanding these factors and addressing them appropriately, businesses can improve their online shopping experience, reduce cart abandonment rates, and increase conversions. (Source; https://www.forbes.com/advisor/business/ecommerce-statistics)
Why Consumers Abandon Their Online Cart?Tweet